Saturday 1 August 2009

Borough Market Part 2

Urrrrggghhhh, SO full after a frankly awesome meal at Hix's Oyster Bar and Chop House. Wow. Just wow. There are no words. Just amazing!

Luckily I have more pics from Borough so I don't have to worry about producing interesting chat when uber soporific from food. Borough is so full of incredible photos opportunities - this is a small sample of our photos, if you can believe it. Um, yeeeaaah, this weekend has thus far turned into a good excuse to stuff ourselves silly with all the foodie delights that London has to offer. But eh, what're you gonna do? When bread looks this good...
And this salami! We bought some for lunch - it's from 'Basque pig charcuterie' and was delish.
Aaaahhhh, Brindisa. I believe it was the Times that said they stock the best chorizo outside of Spain and it's true. We bought a LOT. Sitting in the freezer waiting for chorizo-themed inspiration.
We also bought some of this ham. Oh so good. I'm running out of words for utterly delicious! Just trust me on this - most things in Borough are delish. Of course, I haven't tried them all, but after this morning's expedition, I'm definitely a substantial step closer!
Flowers....
And chillies! Purple chillies. JJ was worried about the state of his precious chillies after seeing these but I'm sure his tlc will pay off soon.
Mmmmmmm, cheeeeeese - I would be lying if I said I didn't drool a little at the sight of all this cheese.
And it took a lot of effort not to upload about 20 pics of this Stilton. It really is fantastic - such incredible flavour! Probably from the unpasteurised milk as I've never tasted Stilton like this before.
The sweet part - custard tarts...
...and piles of white chocolate.......lemon and chocolate tarts......
.....and the biggest pile of brownies in the world. I'm seriously considering asking them how much it would be to literally dive into them head first. But then I might potentially be quite ill afterwards. And chocolate is never an easy stain to remove from clothes! I did however sample them and yes, they are as good as they look!

And I'm not done yet! Coming up there's photos of the lunch we had after our Borough Market gorging sesh - I'll post those tomorrow though. Night! Rosy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment